Saturday, February 7, 2009

New York City

First off I have no pictures to show or document my activities. In the packing of my things I left them behind to retrieve another day. For that i opologize.

I have started school and find it enjoyable. I love the NYU campus and find both staff and faculty pleasant and kind thus far. I work three days a week in the Bronx. It is a 90min commute each way on public transportation. I do a lot of reading and on accasion cat nap. I like those that I work with. I work as a case worker on the side of prevention dealing with families with children. Untill I receive some training I will continue to read and study on the job. I live in a one bedroom apt with a roommate. I sleep in the room as he has taken refuge in the living room. i don't find myself home unless I'm sleeping.

My top five activities/moments thus far in NY...

1- Attending the Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory sing along. They played the movie with subtitles and the audience sang along to every song. Unfortunately no dancing. "I got a Golden Ticket!"

2- Spitting on a subway rat. My abilities amaze myself at times. I just need to punt a pidgen and shoot a cockroach to complete the cycle.

3- The combined instances that I've interacted with street bums. They are always willing to give me advice or compliment me on my beard.

4- Spending a weekend with Diane and friends in a lighthouse on the Hudson. I was mad that we had to leave. I consider myself green though I enjoyed the burning of coal to keep us warm through the night.

5- Pizza. I think I have at least one daily. Its so easy and convenient.

3 comments:

k tron said...

love you miss you mean it.

AM said...

Hey! I was there for all of those things Except the lighthouse. oh wait. i Was there - maybe you didn't want to name names (amber + johnny + inn keeper).

PS does this mean the blog is back?

and also

I want photos!

as does your parents

English said...

good things.

more about bums please.